Here is a quick checklist of the documents required to complete the incorporation of your new company.
- Certificate of Incorporation for Delaware or the Articles of Incorporation in California
- Determine need to qualify to do business in other states and make appropriate filings in those states. For example, if the Company is incorporated in Delaware but has its principal offices in California, file the Statement and Designation by Foreign Corporation with the California Secretary of State.
- Obtain your Employer Identification Number from the IRS (Form SS-4).
- Action by Sole Incorporator
- Written Consent of Board in Lieu of First Meeting
- Indemnification Agreements
- Confidentiality and Invention Assignment Agreement
- Stock Purchase Agreements
- Stock Certificates
- Option Plan (if applicable)
- Buy-sell Agreement (if applicable)
- S Election (if applicable)
The following two tabs change content below.
Startup Attorney at Innovation Capital Law Group
Sam is a partner with Innovation Capital Law Group and specializes in startup representation, corporate finance (i.e. angel investment and venture capital financings), mergers and acquisitions and licensing transactions.
Latest posts by Sam Wu (see all)
- What is the Board Consent in Lieu of First Meeting? - December 19, 2017
- Why is my Delaware franchise tax bill so high and how is it calculated? - February 24, 2017
- Day #2 : Let’s Make It Official – Hashbrown Incorporates - September 15, 2015