As I begin this series of posts on incorporating your technology startup, here is a quick checklist of the documents required to complete the incorporation of your new company. I will cover the issues and components of each document in detail in the posts to come.
- Certificate of Incorporation for Delaware or the Articles of Incorporation in California
- Determine need to qualify to do business in other states and make appropriate filings in those states. For example, if the Company is incorporated in Delaware but has its principal offices in California, file the Statement and Designation by Foreign Corporation with the California Secretary of State.
- Obtain your Employer Identification Number from the IRS (Form SS-4).
- Action by Sole Incorporator
- Written Consent of Board in Lieu of First Meeting
- Indemnification Agreements
- Confidentiality and Invention Assignment Agreement
- Stock Purchase Agreements
- Stock Certificates
- Option Plan (if applicable)
- Buy-sell Agreement (if applicable)
- S Election (if applicable)
Latest posts by Sam Wu (see all)
- Don’t Pay That Tax Bill (Until You Recalculate) : How to Calculate Your Startup’s Delaware Franchise Tax - February 24, 2017
- Day #2 : Let’s Make It Official – Hashbrown Incorporates - September 15, 2015
- Day #1 : The Launch of Hashbrown - September 1, 2015